Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Nap Nanny "Chill"

I have a colicky newborn. She loves to be held a certain way after nursing, usually at an angle, which prevents the acid being able to travel upwards as much. Her main symptoms are small spit up's after each nursing session or refluxing without spit up. We try to use other methods to make her comfortable rather than constantly rely on medication if the symptoms look to be on the milder side.She's also used to being held pretty much the whole day. The child has been put down very little since her arrival. This works great for having an excuse to catch up on your favorite show or take a cat nap, but anyone with more than one child knows, there's much more to do around the house, and other kids to show love to. It was getting to the point where I had the baby with me at constantly, whether in the baby wrap or cradled in my arm.  I felt the need to find a solution that freed me up a bit. The baby wasn't happy in the swing or the bassinet and I am not one who lets the baby cry it out.

 I received an email from my mother with a link to the 'Nap Nanny Chill'. She suggested I try it since nothing seemed to be working. I did a bit of research on the chair and decided that it was worth a try. it holds baby at a 30 degree angle; perfect for babies with reflux. I received the chair a few days later. It is very lightweight, has a soft waterproof liner, and the cover unzips easily for washing. I washed the cover and put my little one in there. It was like a chorus of angels sang "Hallelujah". She didn't cry when I put her down. I walked away fully expecting to hear that cute little shriek of hers indicating that she didn't feel a warm body next to her. Nothing. Perfectly content. We've had the Nap Nanny for a couple of weeks now and she loves it. I can place her in it and take a shower without having a screaming baby and my house doesn't look like it was raided by the police.

The Nap Nanny is on the pricey side as far as baby seats go. The basic chair is $129.99 and includes the cover. You can buy additional covers and a travel bag separately. There was a recall issued for the chair, but upon further investigation, it seemed to be because people were putting their children in the Nap Nanny and leaving them on the table or in the crib, which led to children getting hurt. Common sense should prevent you from ever having a problem with the Nap Nanny. I highly recommend this product!




No comments:

Post a Comment